Sunday, 13 July 2008

My Final CJ Entry


Well, this is it, my final entry in the UK Stampers 'Just One Stamp' CJ. I spent a week on this piece, as I felt that it deserved lots of love and attention (not that the others didn't get that, too), because I have been posting to Tasha (this journal's owner) for nine months, plus I have met her in real life! She happened to mention to me which of my other entries she liked the best, and I hope I took that and turned it into a new piece.
The quotation is from a famous sports coach, and it says: "It's all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation". It made me think of the fact that Tasha and I were both 'CJ Virgins' when this started; we had never been involved with a project of this type before, and were a little intimidated- not enough to not get involved, of course! I felt a bit overwhelmed by the fact that some stampers- artists- whose work I really respected were involved, and I wondered if my offerings would be good enough. But during the course of the project, my confidence grew, and I feel now that I *am* an artist, too. I got the butterflies to fly in formation, and Tasha has as well. So this entry is probably the most personal, yet, and I hope Tasha likes it and 'gets' it!
I received my 'Pear' journal in the post on Saturday morning, and it was amazing. I will do a slide show soon, as I really want to share it with everyone who is interested! Sadly, Petra's journal is missing, and I feel awful for her. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that it turns up- apart from anything else, it was my first entry, and I would like Petra to see it in real life.
Here is the slide-show for Tasha's entry. The wings are created by heat embossing onto acetate, spraying with Glimmer Mist, then turning over so that the finished wing is smooth.


Colour:
Nick Bantock dye ink (for sky), Glimmer Mist (on wings), Distress Inks (for ground), Ancient Page (on quote), Versafine
Stamps: Unknown (wings), Paperartsy (flower 'stems'), Inkadinkado (words on ground)
Other: Cosmic shimmer arctic pearl heat embossing on acetate, silk dupion fabric (flowers and tags), old book pages (ground and flower centres), dome stickers, Stickles, collage images purchased from Tallulahs.com

7 comments:

Chicken Licken said...

Awww Hazel that is sooo lovely. What lovely words you have written. Yes I really do love it and yes I did find it really appropriate to our first CJ! We ARE artists now aren't we!
Tasha

Jo said...

Hazel, we knew you were an artist all along! This is gorgeous. How lucky you are to have these CJs. Fingers crossed for Petra.
By the way, how did you do your quote? Is it printed from the computer? Love the fonts.

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Fantastic...really dramatic.

DymphieM said...

What wonderful pages. Love the winged ladies, so very special.

LostLuggage said...

She will love it for sure...this is a BEAUTIFUL layout, Hazel!!

My name is CINDY...... said...

this is really gorgeous, really something to reasure.

megan said...

wow that is AmAzInG - lovely colours and full of drama - sTuNnInG!