Tuesday 26 June 2007

'Buttons and Bows' ATCs


I had a really productive evening yesterday. I finished my ATCs for the UK Stamper's June swap, I made a background paper (Another one!) using the instructions from Kristy's 2nd class at 2 Peas Worldwide Stamping Weekend, and then I made the paper into a mini-book for another UK Stampers swap. I will confess, I was really tired but decided not to go to bed until the baby woke up, and then at ten past midnight, I realised that he hadn't woken up and it really was bedtime! But I felt so pleased at what I had achieved, and at how much fun I had had.
The photos are (obviously) of the ATCs. I'm too embarrassed to confess where the song lyrics are from, although if anyone recognises them, feel free to comment, I will publish the truth! The background is an image of a French postage stamp which shows the revolutionary fashion movement, 'Les Incroyables', and I pasted the image several times using Mod Podge. I then painted gesso over the top, and scraped off the excess using an old credit card. The bow image was made using a swirl from Aud Design and a bow from Fourth Dimension, and stamped in the Nick Bantock ink I bought recently. The lyrics were printed on acetate, then adhered using a Queen and co brad. The buttons and ribbon were from my stash.
Worldwide Stamping Weekend was a great success at 2 Peas, the submissions in the gallery ran to 26 pages. The threads for the classes are still there, and I intend to go back and do some just for fun, since I missed the main event. There is talk of another day for later in the year, watch this space for details, or even better, go and join up!

No comments: