Tuesday 11 September 2007

Isa's Alpha Challenge- K and a last minute Wednesday Stamper


After being stuck for a good 'K' word for Isa's alpha challenge this week, I was suddenly struck with inspiration: Kimono. I bought some new stamps recently from Non Sequitur, and had yet to ink them up. The oriental look is so popular at the moment, so I wanted my first effort to be good. I am quite pleased with this, but not with the photo! I may change it tomorrow if I get the light and the time.
To the challenges. Isa's challenge, other than using the letter 'K' was to use black and white, plus one other colour, and to use a script stamp in the background. This week's Wednesday Stamper theme was handmade paper. This card combines both challenges.
The background paper I stamped the text stamp (by Judikins) on is a Japenese Mizutama paper. It has tiny metallic flecks in. The geisha figure was stamped on the origami paper and on white paper, then carefully cut out. The letters for the word are from my stash (All My Memories, I think!). And that's about it, pretty simple for me! All it needs is a new photo taken in daylight, so that the flash doesn't light up all the reflective surfaces. Come back tomorrow!

Edited to add new photo, The flash has gone but it has a slight colour cast. I think it's time to make a lightbox!

11 comments:

Deborah March said...

BEAUTIFUL work! I particularly like how you stamped the geisha on origami paper, wonderful composition.

Anonymous said...

This is a great work. Love it.

stamp and scrape said...

This card is STUNNING, Hazel. Beautiful design. Isn't it fun using new stamps!
Ros

Andrea, said...

Beautiful

Fiona said...

Lovely card Hazel - great idea for a letter K!

Anonymous said...

lovely Hazel ! And yes kimono is perfect ...Thanks for playing again
isa x

Jacqueline said...

Wow, fabby!!

Anonymous said...

superbe !!
bravo !!
kiki :)

Anonymous said...

thank you for the comment my blog .j'aime aussi ta lettre k c'est tre beau Joelle

Cora said...

These are exquisite. Beautiful design!

Vintage Papers said...

this is so pretty! lovely detail and color scheme!