Monday 13 October 2008

UK Stampers' Sunday Challenge No 10




I was lucky enough to get some serious crafting time in on Saturday afternoon- I had been creating in half hour bites all week, and found I had barely got all of my stuff out before it was time to put it away again! By Saturday, I *needed* to stamp, so I completely ignored the housework and the husband, and got inky! This piece was created for the Sunday challenge over at UK Stampers, and was really about a) using my gorgeous new stamp from Elusive Images, and b) trying out some techniques I have just been reading about in an amazing book I borrowed from the library, called 'Paper, Metal, and Stitch'. I think I may need to buy this book once I have returned it, as there is enough inspiration inside to keep me going for ages!

Panel 1
Colour: Glimmer Mist (Peach Delight and Black Cherry), Distress Ink (Worn Lipstick), Versafine
Other: White cardstock base, pattern created with PVA rubbed over with gilt wax when dry.

Panel 2
Colour: Gold embossing powder, Versafine
Other: Base of silk dupion fabric, frayed at the edge.

Panel 3
Colour: Distress Inks (Spiced Marmalade and Worn Lipstick), Stickles, Versafine
Other: White cardstock base, stamped repeatedly with swirl stamp then embossed with Cuttlebug folder.

Panel 4
Colour: Stazon black, Sharpie pen, Glimmer Mist
Other: Base made from inside of coke can, coloured in a flame, and embossed freehand, using an embossing tool and foam mat.

Header
Colour: alcohol inks followed by Black Cherry Glimmer Mist, Stazon
Other: Making Memories metal shim, freehand embossing, Papermania jewel brads, black ribbon, corner embellishments from my stash
Stamps: Notre Dame from Elusive Images, words and swirl from Paperartsy.

The whole piece is 6" x 6" square, conveniently the Notre Dame stamp is 1 1/2" wide. I promise I will clean the lens of my camera before I take another picture- the soft-focus effect wasn't intentional LOL!

9 comments:

Jo said...

Love your panels. I'm going to watch out for that book. It might appear on my santa list! I envy you the stamps too and this piece showcases them very stylishly.

Debby said...

Love these and oh my gosh everything is beautiful! Really beautiful!

Sid said...

What a superb set of lovely panels. They are really textured and the colur is fab too. I have ordered the book !!

Anonymous said...

Hazel, that is just fantastic!

Is that Maggie Grey's book? If so, have you seen her Workshop on the Web site? http://www.workshopontheweb.com/
I subscribe to this.

Ann

My name is Cindy said...

Have njust ordered that book for my library - looks gorgeous. Great panel and using the inside of a coke can....inspired!! have never thought of that before, even better than going in the recycling bin. Will have to have words with hubby as not sure I could cut it with my hands.

Spotted Sparrow said...

Gorgeous! I love the panels, the textures, the colors, and, well, just everything about it. :)

Lorraine said...

this is fantastic..think I will start having to drink from cans..beer not coke!! I have got paper, metal and stitch and can now see the influences (try getting it from the book depository as they offer free postage).

Deborah said...

Stunning! I have that book and it is really inspirational.

Zuzu's Blog said...

well I am positively drooling.. I love "LOVE" this