Tuesday 23 September 2008

Playing with my Brayer



The good thing about making ATCs in threes is that you can have a play around with one image. This is for UK Stampers September swap, and the theme was 'Buildings or Structures'. I faffed around for most of this month, thinking up ideas and discarding them, and determinedly resisting Elusive Images new Paris stamps, and then last night I decided to use this Paperartsy stamp, which is a stand-alone ATC-sized image. I had bought a new brayer recently, and thought it would be the ideal stamp to use it with. Little did I know that it wasn't like using a paint-roller and tray- I had ink-pads flying around the room, and ended up with the inkiest blue hands ever! Then (after begging for help on the forum) Joanne came to my aid with a link to a Youtube video, and the penny dropped- you take the pad to the brayer, just like taking the pad to the stamp. Sarah came up with some good advice, too- I love forums :D !

Colour: Marvy 'Dee Greunig' Blending Blox, Distress Inks, Versafine, Sakura clear Stardust pen
Stamp: Paperartsy
Other: Woodware brayer

5 comments:

Sid said...

They look really cool Hazel !

joanne wardle said...

they look great. looks like you've sussed it to me. I particularly like the striking colours on the last one, looks like a really vivid sunset.

sam21ski said...

Fab set Hazel, can't wait to get them xxx

Unknown said...

A great set of ATCs Hazel!

Unknown said...

Isn't it wonderful how a stamped image can look so different just by changing the colours. Love all 3by the way