Sunday 25 January 2009

Colours CJ- Morti's purple book



a

Here is my second journal entry for this new CJ I am in. I can definitely say that this one is more challenging than the last as thinking of a colour theme that fits the stamp is hard! I love a challenge, though, so here is my entry in Morti's book. I was thinking of 'purple heart' for a while, and had decided how I wanted to do the background, but my original idea was to pin a tiny 'medal' to the art doll's chest. Well, as you can see, I was a little rough when cutting out, and pulled the poor creature's arm off! Perfect really, as she then was really a wounded soldier! The real purple heart medal has the phrase 'For Military Merit' inscribed on the back, so I had to change it to 'artistic merit'.

Colour: Dee Greunig Blending Blox, Distress Ink, Distress Crackle paint, Stickles, Versafine, Glimmer Mist, Stazon, permanent fineline pen, Liberon gilt wax
Stamps: Elusive Images, plus Morti's Paperartsy art doll
Other: Shrink Plastic, metal corners, ribbon, safety pin, all from my stash.

When I made the shrink plastic 'medal' I stamped on one side with Stazon, then sprayed the other with Glimmer Mist, not realising that the GM and the Shrink are not completely compatible! The back (the side I sprayed) has a very bobbley texture, and you can see this distorted the shape of the piece, too. However, I love the effect, as it looks less new and perfect than usual, so I may try this again!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent thinking behind this CJ...love it - unique and very beautiful!

sam21ski said...

WOW this is fantastic Hazel, love the colours xxx

Angelnorth said...

Fantastic take on the theme, love the dash of humour as well as the artistic content!

Vicky said...

Gorgeous colours, and I love the heart stamp. I also think the medal looks great!

My name is Cindy said...

Love it - that heart image is gorgeous!! And I'm learning a lot about what (not?) to do with glimmer list!! Don't you just love it when playing has an unexpected result?

Anonymous said...

Looks fab Hazel, love the humour, it made me smile! :0)