Thursday 28 February 2008

Scrap page

I'm stealing a couple of minutes to blog this page, as it has been finished for over a week, but I haven't managed to find the time to take the photo. I am really pleased with this, as I feel I have finally 'got' the idea of layering patterned papers. I was amazed to find, after I had stuck everything down, that the photo is exactly 2.5" in from each side, so I think that means that the balance of the layers is good. I did stamp on the page, the swirl on the upper right corner of the photo/ stripy paper is a tree design from Katzelcraft. It is a pretty versatile stamp as it really doesn't look at all like a tree here! The photograph of the page isn't brilliant, I'm afraid, as the light is awful and I had to use the flash. The next sunny day we get, I will re-take the photo and change it.

Patterned Paper: Basic Grey
Cardstock: The Paper Mill shop
Embellishments: Wooden letters from a pound shop, Embelliscrap swirl, brads from my stash
Stamp: Katzelcraft
Colour: Brilliance Coffee Bean

P.S. I need to say thanks to a couple of people for this page. Petra sent me some Technique Tuesday scallops to use as templates, which is how I did the scalloped layer, and Vicky gave me the wooden letters, as the ones I had were too big. Vicky also told me when the page was finished; she knows that I would just keep adding things forever otherwise! Oh, and I took a class with Isa recently where we did layering, I think I it worked and I learned something, so thanks to Isa, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you are more comfortable with layering now. Beautiful page !
isa x