Wednesday 13 February 2008

Two Magnolia Cards- Updated.


Sorry guys, cards now, chat later. Gotta dash!

Well, that was a hectic week, in the end. I'm finally having a rest as it's Sunday morning. Dan is happily playing with his toys and books, and I'm watching a classic Dr. Who, with Tom Baker as the doctor. Bliss.
The two cards are both made with Magnolia stamps. The top one was inspired by an Ismaki sketch, although I didn't finish it in time to post the link properly. The second card was made at a class I took with Isa Norris, and uses the new Magnolia horse stamp, which I love. It also uses a technique I have been interested in for a while, the 'Magic colouring Pencil' technique. It involves using Prismacolour pencils, which are beautifully soft wax pencils, and blending them using odorless mineral spirits, in this case Sansodor. The effect is lovely, the colours just 'pop'. I won't be investing in these pencils, as they are pretty expensive (and addictive- you *need* all of the sets LOL!) but I really enjoyed having the chance of playing with them. I also feel I was a bit more daring than usual with layering up the background papers- note the asymmetry, very unusual for me!

Papers: English Paper Company, unknown
Stamps: Magnolia, Hero Arts, Paperartsy
Colour: H20s, Prismacolor pencils, Distress Inks, Versafine, India Ink
Chipboard: Maya Road (flower), Sizzlit die (corner swirl)
Flowers: Prima

1 comment:

Pat said...

they are lovely hazel.....the horsey ones my fave...dont know why!!