Monday 10 November 2008

Toodles and Binks mirror (cute!)



My fingers are covered in arty paint as I type this, but I'm afraid I'm showing you another cute project here today. This is for my Niece's 6th birthday, and it started life as one of Ikea's 99pence mirrors, as seen in Craft Stamper a couple of issues ago. I used a stamp from the new Toodles and Binks range, which are only available from Stamp Galaxy. I love the stamps that are available so far- they have a quirky feel to them which I feel comfortable with, even though they are cute! I have been assured that there will be some boyish images available soon- I need to make Dan's birthday card for the 24th of Nov, Kay, if you read this!

Colour: Distress Inks, Versamagic, Versafine, H2Os, Caran D'Ache watercolour crayons, Stickles
Stamps: Toodles and Binks, Paperartsy
Other: Zooms, Prima flowers, wand from my stash.

For a change, I applied the Distress Inks with a baby wipe, and it enabled me to get a much better range of tone. Note to self, though, paint applied in this way goes straight through the wipe onto your fingers!



2 comments:

Lorraine said...

she is going to be so pleased with this as it is proper girly.

Anonymous said...

I just been browsing your blog and I just love your work - will keep following you.

lottie