Thursday 4 December 2008

Angel


Now I have used that title, I have David Bowie's 'Golden Years' playing in my head. This is for this week's UK Stamper's Sunday challenge, and I actually made it on Monday night! I want to make her a sister too, an ice angel...

Colour: Distress Inks, Glimmer mist, Whispers dye ink, Stickles, Brilliance, Liberon gilt wax
Stamps: All Cherry Pie
Other: Metallic organza ribbon, Papermania jewel brad, old buttons from my tin, Maya Road wings, mountboard, star sequin waste as stencil

I have used two products here that are not my usual: the Whispers ink in black I wanted to use as I knew it would be quite sheer rather than a dark, opaque colour, and the Liberon gilt wax, which is fab for rubbing over anything to gild it. I have had the wax for years, and rediscovered it thanks to Linda Baldock, who does amazing things with her Treasure wax (same sort of stuff). On her blog are links to her Youtube Tutorials. Go and be inspired!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a clever way to use my stamps for making something Christmassy and out of the ordinary!
ox Marina - Cherry Pie

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful Angel Hazel, cant wait to see her sister!

Isabelle Norris said...

This is soooo cute!!
hugs,
isaxx

Brandy said...

I love the wings, this is such a cool idea.

Lorraine said...

nice stamping on this and thanks for your comment about my latest painting on my blog..it definitely keeps me wanting to paint some more!

Searching for God in the everyday said...

I love this piece, too! I wanted you to know that I am nominating you for the "Kreativ Bloggers" award. Here are the instructions:
List six things that make you happy. Pass the award along to six more bloggers.: Do not give the typical answers and go for the less obvious, as you all know that family, friends, God, etc would be on the list :)

(I don't know how to get you the digital "award". I guess you could always grab it from my blog.)
Cory =)

Angelnorth said...

Love her button head, what a great ornament! She'd look great in icy colours too, hope you get chance to make her sister!

monika said...

Wow stunning. So loving this idea.

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! Look forward to seeing her 'sister' too! xx

Melanie said...

ooooooooh she's beautiful