Thursday 9 August 2007

More Backgrounds, but this time that's all that's required!

I realise that I keep on showing backgrounds at the moment, but this time there is a good reason! I'm taking part in a 3 stage ATC jam at UK Stampers, where three people each do part of an ATC, then send it to the next person etc. (A bit like a circle journal). We've only just started, and so these are my two background, to be sent on to the next person on the list. The next time you see these, they will be unrecognisable!
For these, I used the craft mat/water technique with Nick Bantock Dye Inks in Prussian Blue and Chartreuse Green. Then I stamped in Versamark and brushed with Perfect Pearls. The Blue background is an Anna Griffin stamp with Gold Perfect Pearls, and the green background is a two Non Sequitur stamps with Copper Perfect Pearls. I know these are techniques I use a lot, but I thought it best not to be too experimental when someone else needs to be able to work on these!
I have just received some backgrounds to work on, and they are fab. I need to get my thinking cap on, as I want to do these right! We have three weeks to work on each stage but are ahead of ourselves already. I will work on them this weekend, if I get some time. This stage is quite difficult, as I have to leave room for the last person to contribute.
I have got more photos to show, but tomorrow, as they are for a birthday! I am still out and about making the most of this lovely weather, so the photos are building up a bit, waiting for a big hit!

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Hazel, these look teriffic - would love to see them finished!
LOVE your new banner too!

Julie Prichard said...

Hazel! These are great!! I love them both!

Tami Bayer said...

The perfect pearls over your background washes are so elegant and soft looking.