Thursday 30 August 2007

Wednesday Stamper- Blue


This week's Wednesday Stamper theme is blue, which is one of my favourite colours, and I immediately knew what I wanted to do. Well, this is almost what I had planned. This is a new stamp from Non Sequitur, and I was planning to get complicated and heat emboss, watercolour, and generally phaff about. I stamped the image first of all, to check how much pressure I needed etc (this is a huge stamp!) and... I love it plain! It almost feels like cheating, to just stamp an image in one colour, but how could I improve on the beautiful design. If you click on it you will see there are loads of tiny dots, it is very detailed.
I did mess around with the background, it is the usual craft mat/water technique, only this time I sprinkled on some Perfect Pearls before spritzing with water. It has created drifts of subtle shimmer, a bit like a clouded sky in the moonlight.
Sadly my camera is not too happy with blue tones, and every photo I took came out turquoise! The actual card is a much darker blue. I found that if I tilt my laptop screen away from me, the colour is perfect!
The swirl stamps are also Non Sequitur, the silvery ones are stamped with Versamark and brushed with Perfect Pearls. The main image is matted onto some pearlescent and plain cardstocks, and I added a navy blue ribbon. Oh, and the stamping and background were done with Nick Bantock Dye Ink in Prussian Blue, just like my hands last night!

22 comments:

Dymphie said...

Wonderful! This stamp is gorgeous indeed :)

Audrey said...

Beautiful!

Vintage Papers said...

this is a beautiful piece! I love what you created! so perfect for the challenge!

Emma said...

this is just gorgeous!, I love that stamp.. beautiful :o)

Sija said...

Very nice card.

Hermine said...

Very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

that's an awesome new stamp. i think it looks best the way you did it. glad you participated.

The Cryer Family said...

Those trees are really beautiful!

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful!!!!!

Andrea, said...

Stunning, love the stamp

Viola said...

Very nice card!

Julie Prichard said...

It's so pretty and blue...it looks so refreshing!

stamp and scrape said...

Gorgeous work, Hazel.
Ros

Jacqueline said...

What an effective piece of arwork!!

carmel said...

I love that whole plate! it's beautiful and so it your piece. Cheers, Carmel xx

alice k. said...

This is so beautiful!

Barbara said...

Well you may feel like you cheated but it is wonderful just like this.

Sarah said...

love this piece great stamp!!!

Anonymous said...

Very, very Nice.

Cora said...

Another beauty. I love your stamps and the blue.

Anonymous said...

hey !you made the sampler ! well done you !!

emilia in Taiwan said...

wow! a little bit mess is totally worthy! This is a piece of art! Love it!