Tuesday 19 August 2008

Cherry Pie- Inched ATC swap


Eleven of these are currently winging their way to Florida, to Marina, who is hosting this swap. The idea was to use inchies on your ATCs- at least one, but as many as you like. I eagerly signed up to this, but then struggled to come up with a design I liked. In the end I fell back on my favourite face stamp, and a new butterfly stamp. I am pleased with the overall design, although I have no idea what I was trying to say with it!

Colour: Distress Inks, Versafine Sepia, pencil, Brilliance
Stamps: All Cherry Pie
Other: Silk dupion fabric, safety pin, staples, old(ish) paper from an A4 notepad, really old book page, textured watercolour paper, Sizzix tag die

The colour of the old book page hasn't been altered at all (except at the edge of the ATC), but everything else has been, to match. The turquoise colour is watercoloured Distress Ink, and the staples were grunged up with Brilliance. I got truly inky making these!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

FAB ATC!

I have no idea about proper design theory and composition and all that technical stuff - but this all just looks really well put together to me, like every element is in the absolute perfect place

love it

and I'm sure the recipients at the other end will too

Anonymous said...

Nice one, Hazel!!

Sid said...

Lovely work, lovely effect !

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

I think they're beautiful, and your use of just a hint of colour makes them really stunning.

My name is Cindy said...

I think this works really well, just enough colour to lift it.