Thursday 14 August 2008

Yet Another Present!- 3 of 3





This is the last in my little run of gifts for my friends- at least for a while. This mini-book (and it is mini- only 4" square) was for a friend who loves philosophy and psychology, so I thought I would go all out, and use most of my set of Elusive Images words stamps. I also used patterned paper, for the first time in ages, thinking it would be a quick option. Ha ha, I was so wrong! I found it a real challenge to tie in the printed paper with all of my stamped elements, and in hindsight I feel that it was not textured or tactile enough. But it did give a good surface for stamping on, although you will need to click on the photos to see, as I used Versafine Sepia for all of the stamping, which didn't photograph too well! In real life, you can read every word :-)

Colour: Distress Inks, Versafine, Whispers marker pens
Stamps: Elusive Images (words), Crafty Individuals (everything else)
Papers: Bazzil card, Crafty Individuals, gingham paper from France
Other: Cuttlebug embossing folders, Sizzix 'Sunset' alphabet and tags, linen fabric, mulberry paper, old manila envelope, Flora doodles flowers, old buttons from my box, raffia.

The centre image was stamped onto mulberry paper, then glued onto the linen fabric using PVA. The mulberry paper was almost invisible. The two images either side were stamped onto pieces of an old envelope which I had scrunched up then smoothed out. It was soft and tactile after the scrunching, and took the Distress Inks I used for watercolouring really well.

PS Each of the tags had a phrase on it, too, but my camera was running out of battery life!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

this is truly beautiful as were the other gifts -you have at least three very lucky friends!

Daisy Chain said...

This is stunning, I love it, and you're right you can read every word on the close ups.

Love Debbie xx

Anonymous said...

Hazel! What a beautiful project! Very inspiring!!

Anonymous said...

This is GORGEOUS Hazel!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the front, you are super creative and have a distinct style. The Moulin Rouge piece you did is still my favourite though!

x hel x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rika said...

This is gorgeous Hazel.
Papers and colours are so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Nice idea to do it at 4", rather than 6". I love making these, I really should do some more!