Wednesday 13 August 2008

Present For a Friend- 2 of 3




This is a present I gave to my best friend and scrapping buddy, Vicky. She has started to commute by train recently, so has suddenly got time to read more. I did a challenge where we were asked to make bookmarks, so I made this bookmark for Vicky, then did the card to go with it. The card uses my three most favourite stamp sets- one of the PaperArtsy Squiggly Ink plates, my new Inkadinkado Scribble Flowers, and the Elusive Images sayings plate.

Colour: Distress Inks, Silver Paint Dabber, Versafine, Stickles
Stamps: Paperartsy, Elusive Images, Inkadinkado, Crafty Individuals (On bookmark)
Other: Silk dupion, laminating pouch, Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder, Papermania gem brad, watercolour crayon background paper.

The flowers were made in the same way as on previous cards, by stamping onto the crayon background paper and cutting out. The bookmark was made by laminating a torn piece of silk dupion fabric, then stamping and heat embossing on the outside of the pouch. I used a silver Paint Dabber in places for added effect- I my do my Christmas cards in the same way, as it looks like a frosted window!

No comments: