Monday 18 June 2007

A Big First.


This Father's Day was particularly special for my Husband, as it was his first! Sadly, we didn't plan anything much as he had to pack for a trip away with work, and had to leave in the afternoon, but he got coffee in bed, and a lot of play time with Dan! I have actually got something planned for him, but my lips are sealed as he may still get around to reading this in the next couple of weeks while he is busy.
I saw the sentiment on this card as a stamp for Mother's Day, but knew then that I had to use it for Father's Day, as 'Danny and Daddy' time is all about smiles and laughter (Mummy time is all about eating and sleeping, boring!). I had planned to use more colour, but in the end I chose black and white because I thought it would be more punchy.
The capital letters are Papermania foam stamps, the curly letters are an MSE clear alphabet, and the small letters are my trusty PSX alphabet. I used Versamark to stamp the background with the Cherry Pie Klimt swirls, then used white embossing powder for the words. The photo was re-sized, adjusted to black and white and the words added in Paint Shop Pro, then the brad and the ribbon added. I stopped there, as Paul rightly says I add too much 'stuff' to my work, and don't know when to stop! At least he is honest enough to tell the truth!

No comments: