Saturday 16 June 2007

Second of Four...

This card is for my Dad. I wanted to put a sunflower on it, as it is a flower that has some happy family significance, but I do think the card is a little bit feminine! I think that's partly due to all of the white space; if I hadn't left it so late to make this card I may have re-mounted it on a darker cardstock. However, I know it will be appreciated, and I've now got a whole year to think of a better design!
Both the flower and the square frame are from Judikin's 'Carol's Cube', which is one of those useful stamps that can be utilised in a lot of different ways. I stamped and embossed in white, first doing the flower, using a mask cut from a post-it-note (making sure there was some of the sticky on the part I was cutting out), then stamping the frame. The image was coloured with watercolour pencils, using a wet brush touched directly to the pencil tip. Then I added a length of ribbon, and...that's it! A really simple card, for once!

No comments: