Saturday 9 June 2007

Kym's 9 step background

Kym had kindly posted a step-by-step set of instructions for a background she had created that I admired, here on her blog, and I thought I would have a go myself and see how different it would look with different stamps and colours. I am pleased with the result, and Kym was right, it didn't take long at all!
Step one is to choose your background paper. Mine is plain white card. Steps two, three and four are creating the first all over layer of stamping, using masking. Mine here is the music manuscript background from TandaStamps in Distress Ink Weathered Wood. Then a vertical stamp, again to cover the whole background, I chose a word stamp from Paperartsy's Stage lights sheet 3, in Distress Milled Lavender. Then the shaded border is created using foam and, here, Distress Dusty Concord. The last step is to stamp all over, again with another image, here another stamp from the Paperartsy sheet stamped in Versamagic Eggplant.
I'm really pleased with the result, it really has depth, and I wouldn't have thought to use so many different stamps in the background. I will finish the ATC later!

No comments: