Wednesday 27 June 2007

Book review.

I have nothing to show for last night's work, as it is a project for a one-for-one swap. It's harder in someways, doing that kind of swap, as you have got to judge what that person would appreciate. Gulp! I hope I've guessed right!
Instead of artwork, I have something better: a book that every stamper should buy! This is "Les Encres- Carterie et Scrapbooking" by Isabelle Norris. This book is mostly about using distress Inks, but also has an excellent section about using alcohol inks. It is written in French, but don't let that put you off; Babel fish is an excellent resource for those annoying words you really can't figure out, and in my opinion, you can work out much of the text from the pictures.
The book is in two sections. The first has lots of colour photos, showing projects of every type: cards, scrapbook pages, mini-books, slidemailers, dominoes, and so on. These photos illustrate the many varied techniques Isa uses in this book. The second section is a step-by-step technique guide, with detailed black and white photos showing each stage of each technique. The two sections are thoroughly cross-referenced, so there is no guesswork necessary as to how to recreate each project.
I have grown to really love my Distress Inks through entering the challenges that Isa hosts on her blog each week, and I am really looking forward to trying all of the techniques in her book. The photos are really inspiring, and the techniques section is really easy to understand. The book is published by CreaPassions, and you can find it at Amazon.fr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right !!!! I love this book and I think this is THE BEST !!!!
Oh and sorry about my bad english ^___^
Mag