Sunday 15 March 2009

Bottlecap swap- a few of my favourite things...




I really got carried away making this little piece for the February altered art swap on UK Stampers. Good job too; the standard was really high, as ever, so I would have been embarrassed if I hadn't gone that extra mile! I used all of my favourite techniques and products :)

Colour: Alcohol inks, Stickles, Distress Inks, Versafine, Sakura clear stardust pen, Opals UTEE in black and gold, Perfect Pearls
Stamps: Cherry Pie
Other: Two bottlecaps (flattened with a hammer and a block of wood), sheer ribbon, adhesive metal tape, Cuttlebug and embossing folder, buttons, Krafty Lady art mould, Melt Pot, Papermania adhesive gem

(If you can read the words, they are from Twelfth Night- another of my favourite things!)

9 comments:

Vicky said...

This looks absolutely amazing!

Lorraine said...

love those eyes and mouths..are the other 2 rings..fantastic art as usual

Anonymous said...

Wow, Hazel! This is so cool!!

petrasart said...

wooooooooooow Hazel...THIS IS art!!!!! What a wonderful work...I don´t find the right words...GREAT!!!!

Anonymous said...

no way would you ever need to be embarrassed as your work is spot on Hazel....a wonderful original piece...who ever recieves this,is going to be thrilled!

crafty creations said...

And I received it and am absolutely thrilled it's wonderful and so much work has gone into it - thanks so much Hazel

xx Hilda

Sarah said...

this is really great - but the face is kind of freaking me out :D

Brandy said...

WOW these are so cool! What a great idea!

Jackie Elwin said...

this is wonderful and has inspired me to get some bottle caps but I think I will start with something a little easier:)
I have a little something for you on my blog:)

Jackie