Friday 27 March 2009

Lots-to-do Challenge- Wire-wrapped Heart Pendant


This piece came about thanks to the influence of Sam and Nicky, who are both very talented in the melt pot department! Sam does brilliant things with UTEE using silicone ice-cube moulds, as does Nicky. Nicky does great wire-wrapped items (and now has a Folksy shop if you want to buy her jewelry). I had poured the black and gold heart recently, when I did my bottlecap piece, but had not thought of how to use it. Then when Sam set the wire challenge at the Lots-to-do blog, I thought this might be a good project. The wire is florist's and beading wire, and I covered the back in Glossy Accents to stop the wire from sliding off and make it more comfortable to wear. The pendant is 4cm long- about the same size as would come from a certain heart-shaped ice-cube tray I have! Thanks to Sainsburys, too!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

sam21ski said...

WOW Hazel - well it certainly was worth waiting for, it's fabulous

Thanks for joining in with us this week with your fab piece - Sam xxx

Sid said...

Love your wired heart Hazel, looks really great !!

Heather said...

This piece is amazing, and I love the card and brooch you made for your mother on the previous post. Your son's following in your footsteps and showing early skills. Love your beads too, even if they did leave you feeling frazzled. I have never made them with UTEE, but just dipped them in acrylic medium and accent beads to decorate the ends.

Anonymous said...

Hazel...this is really amazing!! You have to show us a picture of how it looks when you wear it..I totally love this!

Anonymous said...

you could easily sell these on Etsy or such like - I love it....youre very skilled/clever Hazel.

Minxy said...

This piece is just lovely, and thanks for the kind comments hun, thats real sweet of you {said with blushed red cheeks} lol

Carole said...

What a great piece!

Caroline Moore said...

love this work of art Hazel, I bet it looks beautiful on.

lottie said...

fabulous

Angelnorth said...

Beautiful piece Hazel, love the drama of the contrasting colours with the delicacy of the wire strands - gorgeous!