Thursday 26 March 2009

Mother's Day



Before I start describing the top card, I just want to say that it wasn't that colour! My Mum loves coloured card, and so I used a soft turquoise card as the base. I have tried to get the colour back using various editing tools, and it wasn't happening, so I am sorry, you will have to imagine the real colour.

Anyway, this is the card and stampbord brooch I gave to my Mum for Mother's day. I used my new Elusive Images plate, which I absolutely love- expect to see a lot more using it as it is really versatile.

Colour: Card: Distress Ink, Whispers Dye Ink, Versafine (used on acetate then embossed), aurora ep, Sakura glaze and Stardust pens, Stickles; Brooch: Dee Greunig Blending Blox, Whispers Dye Ink, Stickles, Sakura Stardust Pens, Stazon, Opals UTEE, silver Paint Dabber
Stamps: All Elusive Images
Other: transparency, shrink plastic, wire, brooch back, blue card, Stampbord, butterfly charm.



I also wanted to share with you my own Mother's day card, made by my little budding artist. Inside it says 'Remember when you do my washing that I love you'. Bless! I couldn't eat the cookie as I am gluten intolerant, but my little boy was more than happy to eat it for me :)

9 comments:

crafty creations said...

beautiful card and brooch Hazel and love the card Dans made

x Hilda

Unknown said...

A very beautiful card you've made, well done. I've not yet got my stamps from Graphicus, must put the order in asap, lol

Vicky said...

I love the cards! I hope your Mum liked the brooch, it's gorgeous.

SueHart said...

Gorgeous card and brooch you made for your mum.
Love your card and cookie. So sweet! x

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Love your butterflies, but awwwwwwwwwwwwww just look at that washing line...a treasure forever awwwwwwww

Angelnorth said...

Beautiful card and brooch - the transparent butterfly is gorgeous! I hope you'll be keeping that washing line to embarrass him with when he's a teenager! Bless, it's lovely!

Anonymous said...

Perfect

Minxy said...

Beautiful Card and aw how cute is your sons card, but he is being taught by a very talented mummy so its no surprize x

Lorraine said...

love your card especially the one off Dan he is very talented just like his mum!! I also love that wire utee heart.. will have to check the links