Tuesday 17 July 2007

Harry Potter Rocks!

I'm sorry, but there are no photos today, as I went to see the latest Harry Potter film. It was a 'Newbies' showing, so I could take Dan along, and luckily Paul came too and helped look after Dan. What a great movie! This was the book I liked the least, but I still wanted to see the movie for the sake of continuance, and I'm so glad I did! It has put me in the right mood for the book, which I have on pre-order from Amazon. The plan is to have a mad stamping rush for the next few days so that I can post some pictures even when I've spent my precious evening time reading!
I started my 'Artistic License' ATCs last night, but ran into technical difficulties. I stamped onto acetate, the printable kind I usually use, then tried to colour in the reverse of the image with Sakura gel pens. I did one the wrong way round, stamping on the rough side and colouring in the smooth, and that one was fine. Unfortunately, the other two are not fine, as the coloured areas cracked as they dried, a bit like the effect I had using Perfect Pearls and Glossy Accents on a piece of jewelry I made a while ago. I think the gum they use to make the surface of the acetate suitable to take the printer ink caused the reaction, so I have to start over tonight. I should be able to finish them, I hope, and I will show the photos tomorrow.

1 comment:

Vintage Papers said...

I can't wait to see it! my DD LOVES it. She has read all the books over and over. We need a girl date to go!