Friday 27 July 2007

Slow down of crafting, just for a little while.

I haven't done a lot in the way of creating for the last couple of days. The baby and I are both streaming with a cold (luckily I don't make a huge fuss when a tissue approaches my nose!), and we have had a bit of a sleep revelation: Dan sleeps so much better when he goes to bed after 9pm! When he is put down at 7pm, he goes to sleep immediately, but then wakes between every three quarters of an hour to two hours. Not fun! When he goes to bed at 9pm, he makes a fuss, sleeps until 11pm, then until 2.30pm, then until 7am. Since I usually go to bed around midnight, that means I only get woken once. Wow!
The relevance to the crafting side of things is that Paul and I are going through a huge re-think of how we structure our evening. We always eat late, so that isn't a problem, but when do I craft? If Dan is around I am usually in the room with him. Do I let Paul look after him for an hour while I have 'me' time, or do I bring some things into the living room to do? Now it's the weekend we will have some time to plan, and I can do some daytime craft while Paul plays with Dan. So by Monday, it will be sorted!
I have made a decision about my 'holiday' ATC, it partly involves the computer so I can start this morning. I hope to have it finished by this evening. Isn't it amazing how much fuss I can make over one 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" card!

3 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

don't worry....he'll be sleeping away much longer soon!!

Cora said...

Hazel,
I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your blog. I have nominated you for the Rockin Girl Blogger award. See my blog for details.

Vintage Papers said...

I hope you are feeling better soon!